Six Sigma Project Methodology
Sprintzeal offers more than 100+ different types of certification courses, starting from college students to working professionals. We offer this certification training across 38+ countries actively and trained over 208000+ Professionals so far. Our three Modes of training which makes user to choose their convenient way of completing the courses and become certified professional.
- Online Self-Paced Learning
- Instructor led Classroom Training
- Live Online Training through WebEx.
Six Sigma Project Methodology
DMAIC is the six sigma project methodology that focuses on improving the existing process. The approach here is quite simple: the parts that are measured attain focus and everything that gains focus tends to improve. This is a significant ideology for any kind of improvement. Identifying the driving factors, defining problematic areas and analyzing the situation are some of the steps in this. Measuring process performance gives better chances of growth. The idea is to minimize the number of defects and reach the ‘zero effects’ rate as quickly as possible.
DMAIC CONSISTS OF FIVE PHASES: DEFINE, MEASURE, ANALYZE, IMPROVE, AND CONTROL.
It is the methodology that measures process metrics to check how much the measured value deviates from the desired value. The aim is to reduce variation in the process. DMAIC is an important part of Six Sigma methodology. However, it can even be used as a standalone quality improvement process. Below are the steps involved in a DMAIC process,
- Define: Defining the problem and setting objectives. This involves an understanding of all of the metrics that affect the project’s success. Details like project boundaries, the start, and end of the project are decided. It requires analyzing the market and customer requirements. In order to map out a plan, all of these details are useful.
- Measure: Finding areas of improvement and attempting to measure them takes place. In this step, the process is documented and assessed. Tools like flowcharts and Pareto charts are used to measure the metrics.
- Analyzing the process: In this step, the focus is to get to the root cause of the problem/issue. Areas of improvement and opportunities for progress are analyzed.
- Identifying the areas of improvement: The cases analyzed in the above step are now fully identified and understood in-depth. An attempt to control these existing issues and even eliminate them is carried out in this step. The areas of improvement are identified in order to take action for betterment. Some of the major tools used in this step are hypothesis testing and regression analysis.
- Control: Ensuring the measures are implemented and continued to put into action. For lasting results, all of the measures are applied and controlled. This is an essential step as it ensures that things/issues don’t reappear with time and the progress is intact even with the changing time.
It is one of the best ways to improve the business systematically. This framework is highly effective and ensures increased efficiency when used. Although there are several processes and methodologies for business growth, the DMAIC methodology always stands out due to its quick and effective way of improving a situation. Several businesses and manufacturing companies adopt the DMAIC framework (short for Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) for improvement and steady growth.
The six sigma methodologies are always in demand and having a thorough understanding of these concepts can go a long way in having a successful career. For this, the best way is to get certified. With certification, one can have an edge over their competitors and keep up with the changing trends with minimum efforts.
Courses offered by Sprintzeal for Six Sigma
Six Sigma Green Belt training provides essential knowledge on the Six Sigma methodology and the use of DMAIC or DMADV approach to improvise process and make it defect free. The Six Sigma Green Belt training also enhances the day to day activity of an individual by equipping them with power to reason, identify, analyze and eliminate defect and improve the standards of a process and project as a whole.
Six Sigma Black Belt is the leadership training and certification program. The Black Belt professional is a master at six sigma concepts, tools and techniques. The Six Sigma Black Belt professional leads and deliveries project applying globally accepted Six Sigma methodology. The Black Belts have in depth knowledge and implementation capabilities on DMAIC/DMADV and DFSS approach, Therefore can align current and future project to Six Sigma standard practices. Black Belts are also capable of leading the organization to a profitable level by eliminating defects and optimizing all the process.
SITEWIDE SALE 15% OFF Use Coupon Code: OFF15SPZ
(For limited time upto 31/12/2018)